Monday, January 25, 2010

Reading the Phone Book

Chloe and Ady love books. They saw the phone book on the kitchen counter earlier today and brought it to me. I found it amusing enough that they were both so excited because it was a "BIG" book.

So, we read it. We looked at the pictures and found lots of items to talk about: trees, a hat, a snowman, birds, lizards, and people running, bicycling, etc. It entertained us for at least 20 minutes.

My favorite part was showing the girls the maps pages - I told them that the lines on the pages were the roads where we drive. I moved my finger along the lines. Both girls started too. Then I started sing-song style chanting "Driving, Driving!" The girls chanted right along with me.

Ryan and I got quite a kick out of the whole situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment